Loretta Lanphier’s liver cleanse suggestions
Posted by Jonathan Chamberlain on September 29, 2008
Some suggestions to help the olive oil/grapefruit mixture go down easily (from someone who is a pro at liver/cleansing by personal experience and is beginning her Fall liver/gallbladder/ digestive tract cleanse on Monday.)
1) Prepare the olive oil/grapefruit mixture in the morning of the last day. Place the mixture in a glass bottle with a lid so that it can be shaken later. Shake well and place in fridge. The colder the mixture when consumed, the easier it is to get down.
2) Use ¾ cup of cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil and at least ½ cup to ¾ cup of organic, freshly-squeezed . Do not use lemon juice, or any other type of juice. Grapefruit juice helps to form an emulsion with the olive oil and thus makes the mixture thin.
3) You can add 1-2 drops of pepperment essential oil to help with any nausea that may be experienced later.
4) 30 minutes before it is time to consume the mixture take it out of the fridge to allow the oil to become liquid. It should still be cold when consumed.
5) Right before consuming shake VERY, VERY well.
6) Use a straw to drink the mixture.
7) “Drink It Down Quickly!”
8) If any oil gets on the lips you can use a lemon wedge to take it off.
9) Be sure to go to bed and lay down immediately on your right side.
10) You can mix the espom salts in som organic, freshly-squeezed , which will help it to go down better.
Even though this is the part of liver/gallbladder cleansing that is most dreaded, it really is not bad at all. I have done many, many of these cleanses personally and with clients, although the one I do is a bit different.
If you experience nausea during the night, get up and walk around a bit. I always did my cleanse late enough in the day so that when I went to lay down after drinking the mixture, I was down for the night thus allowing my body to do cleansing and repair while I’m sleeping. Most people do not vomit; however, if this should happen don’t think that you have cleansed for nothing. Actually it is the body’s way of getting out toxins and is a good sign.
Be sure to perform this cleanse 4-6 times with at least 10 days to 3 weeks in between (depending upon how fragile one is). After this period of cleansing perform a clease every 3 months or at the beginning of every season. There is no way that one cleanse is going to get out years and years of toxins.